Encouragement and Inspiration: "But as for me, I will always have HOPE; I will praise you more and more." Psalm 71:14

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Psalm 27:13-14

 

Psalm 27:13-14

“I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living
. Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord.”

At some point in our lives, most of us, if not all of us, have despaired. We have all felt hopeless. We’ve all felt lost. Living is a hard thing.

Thankfully, we believe in God and are kept in His care. We have learned when we reach the point of despair, God is there waiting for us. We turn to Him. We call on Him.

King David knew this. He experienced that. And He believed. That’s what we have to do too.

Godsbless.ing: “Psalm 27:13-14 is a powerful passage that speaks to the themes of faith, patience, and hope in the face of adversity. These verses are attributed to King David, who often faced significant challenges and threats but maintained his trust in God. ‘I remain confident of this’ highlights the unwavering faith and assurance that David has in God’s goodness and deliverance. ‘I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living’ emphasizes the belief that God’s blessings and goodness are not just for the afterlife but can be experienced here and now . . . Trusting in God’s timing and remaining faithful is about truly believing in His promises and recognizing that He is in control. It requires patience and a deep understanding that God’s plan is always perfect, even when we may not understand it in the moment. When we have faith in His timing, we are acknowledging that His ways are higher than ours, and we are surrendering our desires and plans to His greater purpose.”

King David was confident and believed, and it made all the difference. If we don’t turn to God when things fall apart, we will fall apart too.

Enduringword.com: “David’s seeking after God, and his knowledge of the Lord, led him to this triumphant statement. He would have given up (lost heart), but he knew that the good God would find a way to show His goodness in this life (as well as the next).”

I like the words “led him to this triumphant statement.” It’s being positive. It’s trusting fully. It’s believing in the One who loves you and cares for you, that will always help you.

Yes, we may despair at certain times in our life, but the answer is always before us. Be strong. Take courage. And believe. Our God is faithful!

By His Grace . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proverbs 3:3

   Proverbs 3:3 “Let love and faithfulness never leave you;      bind them around your neck,     write them on the tablet of your heart....